101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Saturday, October 17, 2009

My Favorite Song Weekend.-Kathy's Song

Some songs bring back memories. This one reminds me of one of my friends, Kathy McGowan. She was an old Army buddy. We hung out together and she was in my wedding party. When I got married in September 1977, we drove to my parents the end of August and this song was the most popular on the radio. The song was written by Richard Leigh and song by Crystal Gayle. Release in August of 1977. Reaching #2 on the Billboard Hot 100. Became Crystal's first crossover to pop hit. It played a lot while on the road and every station had it on. Kathy has Brown eyes so,we laughed and bellowed it out. Great times indeed. I can't remember how many times we heard it however, it was enough to pin it "Kathy's song".


4 comments:

  1. I swear I've listened to that song over 500 times! Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this song! Crystal Gale with her long flowing hair. She was so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Songs do bring back memories don't they. I remember this song well.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.