101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

SPAMMERS....

Lately I have been getting Spammer comments only. I really do not like these  Anonymous postings. Does any one else get these?
I have been thinking how to stop them. there are several things I can do.
  1. Stop accepting comments.....This would eliminate it however, that would defect the purpose of the Blog.
  2. Block all comments until they are reviewed by me..... That will require a lot of time on my part. On the other hand, it might be the answer.
     3. block all the anonymous postings.....Limiting the visitors to having to give a e-mail address and name could also be the answer.

I am sure there are some other remedies to this problem. It just seems that these are the only ones I am getting lately. I think it is rude not to leave your name on the comment.

What do you use to manage the Spammers?

2 comments:

  1. I moderate. It's not that hard actually, and it alerts me to messages on older posts I might have missed, so I actually like it. On some of my blogs I think I only have it set to moderate after 5 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (PS: If I have a giveaway where I require people to comment to enter, I turn off moderation for a while, because that does get annoying to moderate.)

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.