101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday's News- OktoberfestTime

Friday I hired a landscaper to do some work. We had a lot of damage due to last years winter snow storm. Our area had over 72 inches of snow fall in one week. Some bushes and plants were damaged because of the weight of the snow. Also the kids could not see them for weeks . This caused some trampling on them. We also have this Redbud brush that does not allow us to see the sidewalk when backing out. This year I broke my arm which cause me not to be able to do my routine garden work. Therefore some areas in the back year are out of hand and too much for me to catchup on this fall. That made it easy for me to decide to farm out the work. He will start today on this project.

Saturday the family went to the Oktoberfest on Post. The attendance was down this year. That really surprised me then maybe not. I had noticed through out our summer travels less folks out. Our economy is really suffering since the fall of the stock market. Even here Jobs and Business are dissolving. Our State has closed about 3000 businesses since the SM crash. So I guess folks are really tightening their money-belts.
Back to the Oktoberfest, the food was very good. I had the Nuremberg Platter, with three small wurst with German potato salad and sauerkraut. Hubby had Wienerschnitzel with sauerkraut and German potato salad. Now each side was different in taste. That's what is so great about German food. Each region has it's own flair on flavoring. Oh the music, of course German beer tent type. With the table in the traditional Blue and white cloths. This year they added a carnival to the festival. the Oktoberfest at post ending sunday so, I will have to see what happens next year with their attempts to make it more family friendly.

The weather was very hot again in the upper 80's close to 90's. No air-conditioning in the tent so, it really did not feel like Oktoberfest time. I just couldn't handle the heat. Off we went to the commissary for food shopping. Next weekend we are going to Oktoberfest in Germantown. I hope the weather will be more fall like. Looking forward to that trip.

Sunday was a rainy day. Later that day we went to the mall for some walking and then eat out a Chinese place. We hadn't been there in years and I mean years! the last time was over nine years ago. Their food was very good. My daughter remember going as a small child. The place has changed it's appearance.

How was your weekend and weather?

Now you never know when you will need that alibi...this is a meme that is just plain fun and you get to see what others do during their weekends. You can join in the fun too, visit Writers Cramps to check it out.

What did you do this weekend, I'll be your Alibi just leave your comment......?

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had fun at the October Fest. I love the food. I was in Germany in 1965. I use to eat the Wienerschnitzel and potato salad all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny that the Oktoberfest moved to the States. I only know it out of TV and from Munich where it comes from. But my husband always celebrated it when he lived in Munich looooong time ago, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope to go to Oktoberfest one day. A few years ago I went to Munich but not in oktober. I tasted german food and I have good memories about it. In a first time reading your blog I tought you were living in Germany!!! Nice oktoberfest arrived to the states. It didn't arrive by me South of france but here we are side wine with so many graps and not side beer!!! hi hi!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems you had the same damage in your Garden as we here in Oslo, Norway. Besides we had a very long and cold Spring, so the Garden was not normal this year.

    October feast - we have some restaurants here that have imported the bavarian tradition - to sell more beer I think;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! Sorry to hear about your arm! I hope it is healing well.

    I had a lot of damage to my yard last winter too. This winter we are supposed to get even More snow, which is hard to believe after last winter.

    Oktoberfest sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you had a good time!

    Thank you for the recent visit and comment on my blog. I absolutely love your bio, I thought WOW you have really lived!!

    Following and will be back! Have a wonderful week!!
    HUGS,
    Coreen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, it wouldn't feel very fall-like if the temps were in the 90s. Hope your arm is healing up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.