101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Friday, June 11, 2010

My Favorite Song Weekend- from the 70's

I loved the seventies music. One group we loved to hear and dance to was Hall and Oates.
Daryl Hall and John Oates started they music career in 1969. they made their first album in 1972. Had many hits song in the USA in the years to follow.. to name a few Sara Smile, Private eyes, I can't go for that, Physical, Kiss on my list,Rich Girl and many more. I', sure your mind are singing all of them by now.
The one I chose for this weekend is:
"She's Gone"

It was released in 1974 as a single. Climbed its way to Number 7 on the Billboard Hot 100 by 1976. In 2009 in an interview with American songwriter, John Oates Stated this about the chorus of She's Gone;
"....I sat down with the guitar and sang the chorus of 'She's Gone' basically the way that it is. Then I played it for Daryl because I didn't have anything else. It just happened. I said, 'Hey, I’ve got this really great chorus.' And we wrote the verses together. 'She’s Gone' is a song that endures."

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Hall & Oates had a lot of great songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, I haven't thought about that song in years.

    I'm so glad you like the print. I'd love to see a photo of the room once you've got it sorted :).

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! THey had so many cool songs and I love 'She's Gone'. I think I might add them to my Pandora Station! Thanks so much for the memory.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.