101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday's News-Weekend Update

What a Hot weekend! Our weather temps were in the triple digits.Staying cool was the number one thing on our Weekend plans.
Friday we did some swimming in the pool. We went out to eat, tried a new restaurant called The Grill. You know how those TV shows tell you what some food joints do to your food? Well this was one like that. First we were seated by the cook and prep area. Waited about 4 minutes before we saw our server. The place was pretty busy. I notice that the lemons and garnishes were in metal containers by the prep area. Saw all kinds of hands going in that container. I decided not to use my lemon! Later I notice the food being piled in an area to be given out to servers. Someone whom I believed to be the Owner/Manager was standing there checking out the orders. He was throwing things on the plates, looked like garnishes, from those metal containers. Then I saw him wipe his hands on his pants. He did this procedure every time he garnished a plate. There were some damp cloth towels by the area on a table. He would pick one up to wipe the sides of the plate,then throw it back on the table and repeated as needed with the same towel. Oh I just lost my desire to eat there. Our food was not that great either. We will not be going back there to dine.
Saturday was even hotter we got up to 103 degrees! The pool temp was at 88 and that felt good. Put the Fountain up in the pool, that cooled the air around us. We decided not to cook inside or out. The Grill was too hot to touch. I made some Green sun tea. Stay in my bathing suit must of the day. There is a Chinese place near by, so we placed an order for delivery. Later Hubby and daughter went for a walk in a shopping Mall, getting in that exercise. We are all doing well in our loosing weight plan.
Sunday, Church service was great. The Minister spoke about Idols we have in our lives, how they creep in, why we have them and how to start ridding ourselves of them. This is a four part series, you can listen or watch the first three Here at this link. It made me think about the first time I had to lose a lot of weight, I will write about that on my Fitness Log later today.
After church we went to Denny's to eat. It is still a great place to dine, all four of us eat for under 25.00 total!
Came home and the kids played an old video game. Do you remember the game station Atari, it came out in the early 80's. Was the first computer type game for your TV. It had all the games one would find in the Arcades at fairs and boardwalks. Like Centipede, Asteroid,Maze Craze and more. The one we have we purchased some years back. It is Called Atari Flashback 2, has 40 games stored in the console. We use to play it for hour in the 80's. My Mom loved the Centipede.
Later our daughter met up with a friend to go on a week vacation to the Eastern Shore. Hubby and I went to see Salt at the movies.I really enjoyed that movie, you can check out my review at Auntie E's Reviews(see side bar for link).
We did have a very bad Thunderstorm in our area around 3pm. It took down trees, killed a few people and cause havoc on the Mall in DC. This heat just brought the storm up and I believe that the national weather people did not see it coming. Hubby and I heard it while in the theater, sounded very bad. I heard that the Airports on the eastern seaboard grounded all planes during the storm. Heard there was a tornado spotted. However not sure if it touched down in our area. However the winds were wicked, uprooted trees and toss them onto the highways, moving cars, and homes. What a mess to clean up. It will take more than a day to do that clean up!
How was you weekend? Any exciting News for me?

7 comments:

  1. the place you went to eat sounds like i would never go back for a meal.i'm glad you mentioned the movie Salt. reading the rest of your post made me tired from running around. The weather has become a problem for everyone. I pray for those who have to deal with family loss as well as financial

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not be returning to that grill unless it was with an undercover camera! LOL!

    I hear you on the heat -- we had a horrible June. I think they said we had the most days over 100 in ages and July seems to be competing for the same.

    Stay cool!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. ours was rainy and hot and sticky but still good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The weather report blew me away. Uhhh, no pun intended. Really. Congrats on the weight-loss efforts. I've lost 12 lbs since retiring si weeks ago and am loving life. Eating out is a less and less experience for us now. Just not interested. Can say I'm really glad of that too. Your account of what you saw at the Grill makes me very happy to be eating so much more at home now and better too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hot here too and I'm getting kind of tired of that. Went on vacation--it was hot there too. Is it cool anywhere???!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Except for exploring some local cemeteries, not much here. And btw, that disturbs me at restaurants, and I wouldn't have felt like eating there either! YUCK

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.