101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Friday, June 4, 2010

Aloha Friday - Question of the Season.

Aloha it's Friday. It's Finally here. School is winding down , Kids are getting Summertime Minds, sleeping late, getting lazier than usual. Senior are Graduating, Junior think the are Seniors right now, Sophomores are Mad cause Seniors are out and Juniors are acting crazy and the Freshman are just confused and glad to be getting out! Whew what a whirlwind.
Went to a graduation Party last evening. Thanks for all your input for gifts last Aloha Friday. What I decided on was given to me from Jen E from Momma blogs a Lot her blog name is "Typing one handed since 2006".
So I gave a gift of a collapsible laundry basket with the new 3-in-1 soap, a tide stain pen, Frebreze travel spray bottle, and a Personalized magnet tin with 10.00 quarters. He's off the College in about 4 weeks. Football season starts early so off to Pennsylvania John (aka Johnny) goes.
As I sit here typing and listening to the radio , A question comes to mind for you.

What was the popular song of your Graduation year?The one that bring back memories of your last day of High School every time you hear it.

You can go to An Island Lifeto link up for Aloha Friday.

24 comments:

  1. Yikes, that is a tough question. I can't not seem to remember what the song was. It was 15 years ago and seems like forever. I know there was a Vanessa Williams song that was played at graduation (I think), but not sure what it was called.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That entire breakthrough Boston album does it for me.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/06/oil-spills-and-building-friendships-one-blog-at-a-time/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really hard for me to remember what song it was then. It was definitely some reggae or dancehall song. Probably something from Beenie Man. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was over 50 years ago, and the song was Moments to Remember.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Horse with No Name by America
    I love that song, but it doesn't remind me of graduation or prom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is it bad that I have no idea either

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow. Is it bad that I have no clue? I don't remember. I did like the song with the lyrincs, "You've got a right to fight to party." Can't recall who its by, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The song I think of is "Free Bird" because my class picked that as our class song even though that came out about 13 years before I even graduated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't remember a song that was popular back then!!

    http://theadventuresofpaulnatalie.blogspot.com/2010/06/aloha-friday-fruit.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm... I don't remember exactly, but I can tell you I saw Might Might Bostones, Barenaked Ladies, Matchbox 20 and Everclear in concert that year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The song that reminds me of my last day of hugh school is Alice Cooper's School's Out

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crap...You are making me think back 35 years LOL It was all disco then in that era and I'm going to say September by Earth Wind and Fire. And if you want to see something funny I just googled it and here's the link to the top 10 songs for 1975 CLICK HERE. I loved them all :) Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm actually a freshman in high school right now... But in my final year of middle school (8th grade here), EVERYBODY was obsessed with Don't Stop Believing by Journey!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously? I can hardly remember which kid is named what and I've got to recall my Senior Year?? It was 1981 and I'm sure it was something really lame.

    Look at Chuck remembering. Ugh. He's making me look bad. Darn, Chuck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hm. That's a good question! I can't remember that far back (even though it was only 2 years ago).

    This is going to bug me know...LOL

    Have a wonderful Friday :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Green Day "Time Of Your Life" I graduated High School in 1998...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank-you all for your answers... I'm with must of you..I tried to search my high school and class of 71 and was unable to find any mention of a song,LOL.
    Hubbys' says " goodness grief that was over 40 years ago! but if I heard it I would remember it!"
    So here it goes for all of you guys and gals. If you hear it and it click come back and post it in the comments. I will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot what the song was. Oh boy, but I do like the graduation song when the guy gives advice, like wear sunscreen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. "We Are Friends" by a local duo called Cecilio & Kapono.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is sad but I cant' remember and I usually have a good memory

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.