101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tell Me Thursday-Masquerade

While at the Renaissance Fare in Maryland I eyed these Mask. Thinking of all those masquerade balls in that era. Wouldn't it be grand to have a Masquerade Ball in one of the historical building of today? The women and men usually dressed in fancy ball gowns and suits some time with cloaks. Each one wearing a mask like these below. Nothing scary just something to hide their face until the time to reveal, usually as the clock strokes 12 o'clock Midnight.

Which mask who I choose? I like the Hawk, it looks so graceful in the air. Remember the movie Lady Hawke? Based on a 13th century European legend, "Ladyhawke". A Lady and her Knight received a curse from the jealous Bishop of Aquila. He vows the two would never be together. The Lady cursed to be a hawk by day and her Knight a wolf by night. Only in the time between day and night can they get a glimpse of what they once had. They find out The Mouse, once cursed, was able to remove it. The journey begins to find a way to turn back the curse and be together again. It's an old movie but quite good.

Yes, I would be wearing the Hawk mask at my masquerade.

4 comments:

  1. I like it! You're gonna have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought it would be so much fun to go to a real Renaissance style masquerade. I'd have to go for a non-feather mask though - those feathers would make me sneeze!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! I collect and make masks myself.
    Btw, I love visiting all of your blogs. Have an award for you over at mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those masks are absolutely beautiful!!!

    A Lil Enchanted,
    ~LaShan~

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.