101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A weekend update...... a little late.


What a weekend I had! Daughter is down sick and so I have been home. We did not do much. Wanted to go to a movie at the theater, but her coughing stopped that idea. Hubby and I watched a DVD called " Secretariat". Based on a true story of a racing horse. We really enjoyed it.

The weather here was hot in the high 90's and 100's. I feel like we live in the midwest! Transported to Arizona or Nevada! So We did go swimming in the pool. The grass got mowed. I made some ice cream with my new ice cream maker. My new kitchen gadget, I haven't got one in a long time.

Payed attention to the decision on the Debt ceiling. You see it will affect us greatly. Hubby is retired military, he works for the government and I am a disable veteran so, as you can imagine it will stop all our income if they do not pass the bill. So, everything is on hold for us now. I think this is crazy. New folks in the government just do not see the impact this will cause, since it will not affect their pay. I think it should, since the people are paying them also. If there is no money to pay us then why should they get paid? They make way much for their seat then we do! This is not just about the foreign bills. I think this is going to be a different world with these politicians for the next few years. Change sometimes can be very hard.

We have tickets for a water park that are good for the next few months. I think we will be trying to use them. As well as I will try to find free things to do. That reminds me of my childhood. Mom use to find all kinds of things to do for free.

Today it is going to be a hot one again. So I think swimming is on the list of things to do. Stay cool if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.