101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday's News-Weekend Update

The weekend started with my daughter spending the night with a friend on Thursday evening. Friday she called and wanted to come home. Had an out of town male friend stopping by to swim. I was planning to catch up on some reading, however that did not happen. For some reason she wanted me to be around them. So I cleaning the pool area, swam a little to cool off, listen to some music and open the hot tub for them. It was a Hot day already, so the hot tub was not appealing to me. I did sit out in the gazebo. Friday evening we had Steak and Lamb. I do not eat Steak. The lamb was for me.
Saturday was a day to relax. Didn't do much but watch movies. That's right I watched movies all day. It was a lazy day for me. I watched "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reeves. I hadn't seen that movie in over a decade. It is about a man from the 1970's who somehow travels back in time to find a love.
Here is a trailer.


I have always Loved Christopher Reeves. I think my love affair started when he played Superman in the Superman Movies. I always loved the Superman Adventure shows on the TV as a kid. "... who disguised as Clark Kent, a mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan new paper....." Loved that phrase! Back in those day Superman was played by George Reeves. The two are not related, just have the same last name.

Another movie I watched was "What Women Want" with Mel Gibson. An Actor I love to watch. Not sure when that love affair started. All I know is I like everything he is in. May it is because his was born in NewYork State. Who knows why we like a certain person. Have never met him in my lifetime. My 90+ grandmother has and she says he is a very nice guy. This movie is about a man who after an accident can hear women thoughts. It is a funny movie with some romance.

On Sunday we went to see Avatar- the Last Airbender. I was surprise I really liked it. Hubby and daughter watched it as a cartoon years ago. Hubby said I would like it but I was skeptical. Now I want to see it in 3D! Maybe today.

In all, it was a Movie weekend again. There seems to be some good ones in the theaters this year. I am glad , was starting to think the good play writers had gone away. One more I am looking forward to seeing on Wednesday is "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" with Nicholas Cage. I like this actor also.

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. thanks for youe comments on my blog. i will follow this blog. boy! are you a busy person with all of those blogs. one blog is enough for me. have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia sister and b-i-l regularly attend a "Somewhere in Time" weekend on Mackinac Island. They look really neat in their costumes.

    We used to eat lamb regularly. My favorite dishes were kabobs and a lamb stew with tomatoes and plantains. I liked the stew over brown rice the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lazy is good when days off are involved.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.