101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Friday, July 16, 2010

Aloha Friday-Got Sun?

We have reached Friday again, time for an Aloha Friday Question.
Summertime is here where I live, Mr Sun is Hotter than usual and that reminds me of my Earlier years. The Area where I live is calling a heat emergency for today. This means the heat temp with the index will be dangerous for one to be outside for a long time and the breathing air quality will be hazardous. When it is hot out like this, I love to swim and drink ice tea.
Making Ice Tea in the summer can be easy. However who want to heat up the house. Not me, so this is how I let Mr Sun do it for me.
Sun Tea
1 gallon Cold Water in a Glass container with screw top.
4 regular tea bags or 2 family size bags.

Put the tea bags into the glass container and screw down the top. Place the container out in the sun for about 2 to 3 hours or until it's the strength you like.

Now there is a couple of rules brewing tea this way;
1. You must refrigerate the tea 5 hours after brewing
2. It must be consumed with in 48 hour after brewing. This is due to this fact, the water is not boiled and bacteria can start growing after that time period.

Here's your Question;
Have you ever made Sun Tea,
if not do you think you would ever try to?



For more Aloha Friday questions visit An Island Life.

23 comments:

  1. no sugar? Down here that is unheard of! We drink SWEET iced tea. I've never even heard of sun tea. Here's how we do it-Fill a pitcher 1/2 way or so with hot water(so sugar will dissolve easier). Pour in 2 cups of sugar. Boil 5 tea bags and put just a TINY bit of baking soda in at the end. Let cool for a bit then poor into the pitcher. Add water until it is full. Stir with a long spoon and put in the refrigerator. Down here we let it sit for at least a day before we drink it-we know when sweet tea is "new". I know you don't want to boil, but it doesn't really heat up my house and only takes a second-and I need my sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make Sun Tea all the time - I've been thinking about introducing the fun to Princess Nagger. :)

    Aloha Friday: Vacation Edition

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not. I'm not a Tea fan but my husband and kids are so that is a possibility

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom has a sun tea jar thing that I have used before but I don't drink tea so I only do it for parties and such.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have never made Sun Tea, but I will admit thinking about trying to make it. Perhaps one day I will. Enjoy yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really not a tea fan.

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/07/what-could-you-possibly-learn-from-me-in-this-profilebuilding-friendship-one-blog-hop-at-a-time/

    ReplyDelete
  7. have made sun tea. nothing to it, just enjoy. have a good Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a iced coffee drinker. Seldom do I drink iced tea. But future dil does, so giving her your recipe.
    CMash

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never made it because I'm one of those weirdos that likes that processed powdered iced tea mix better than the real thing. It sounds like a good project to do with the kids though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've brewed and enjoyed solar tea on many occasions. Haven't done it for a long time. Cold water is even more refreshing than the tea, which always seems astringent to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol, how funny!
    that is my w/w post next week!
    i made sun tea with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always liked to make it, but no one ever drank it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've not made sun tea before, but of course I'd love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love sun tea - but haven't made it in a long time - maybe I should set my pitcher out today! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have years ago. I love it. I forgot all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, we make sun tea all the time. Hubby prefers it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yep, we used to make it all the time when I was growing up. You know, I haven't thought about it in quite a while. I'll have to make some now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sun tea is a staple around this house! Love it. I usually make a new batch daily and we drink it with sprigs of mint or lemon. We drink it without sugar with lots of ice.

    Thanks for stopping by for my Aloha Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like sun tea, but I don't drink up a gallon fast enough

    ReplyDelete
  20. No I haven't made it - sounds good though♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember my uncle always making sun tea growing up but I never liked the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Interesting! Never new of this! Good to finally find out:)
    Have a nice Monday!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.