101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Monday, April 27, 2009

Fiesta-Val Music Competition

Spent a long 4 day weekend with my Dad. It is nice to be with him. My daughter was in a Music competition with her school. The competition consisted of sixteen High Schools from Newyork, New Jersey, Connecticut, Delaware, West Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, Georgia and Florida. She has been in East Coast School wide competitions since third grade. Music in Hershey Park was the one she competed in while in Elementary and Middle School. At was a one day affair. Her School Orchestra Always Took First Place. This was her first time at a new location,Virginia Beach. In case you do not know, my daughter plays Cello.
Hubby and I decided to go but not as a chaperons. Every year we have gone as chaperons, when she was in the other schools. I enjoyed the Day at Hershey Park. However since my Dad lived in the festival area this time. We decided not to pay the 800 dollars(for hubby and I) for a four day, three night competition trip.
Hubby,me, and my Dad attended the concert band, wind ensemble, and Orchestra competitions. It was long and the seat were hard. After the competition we went to the Golden Corral restaurant to eat with the school kids and chaperons. It was a long day. Did not get to see the Treble , Chamber,or Madrigal choirs. Also the Jazz Band we did not get to. They were all at a different school.
The next day there was the Marching Band and Dance team competitions. Then off to Busch Gardens for a fun day. Awards were at the Gardens Theater. Our school took First Place in every division they competed in,with the exception of Concert band-it took Second. The Choir director received the Grand Champion Award. School Esprit award went to our High School also. Several individual awards went to some of the High school members.
I will try to post some photos later this week. My camera was not available, so I will use my daughters and her friends. Waiting for them to post in their Facebook accounts.

4 comments:

  1. Congratualtions to your daughter and her school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations all the way around. It was nice talking with you on Saturday, you sounded so happy and full of energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter and school I'm sure everyone is so proud. It's great that you got to spend some quality time with your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.