101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday News:Technology and Family.

I have a Technology blog of sorts. Like to write all about the New technology items and well as Healthier lifestyles for us. Writing things from Solar option to Recycling options. Tend to throw in some Healthier choices for our bodies also. Notice that I have not been so active on the posting of things. Went to the Technology Conference with Hubby in New Orleans last month. Brought back some new knowledge of the newest tech toys. Will be sharing some of that on that blog site. Also brought back  a new view and rejuvenated my technology interest.  So stay tune and visit  Living Healthy with Auntie E blog,

We had Critter and his family over for a cookout and family and friends time. Now for those who do not know Critter. He is my Grand nephew, lives with is G-Mother. She is my Ex sister in Law, now remarried and has a daughter, who is 12 now. Critters is now 9, he has been with them for most of his life. We live close and go to the same church. However with the church being so large and their business  and kids activities, we seem to not be able to connect as we use to. So, this was great to see them at my home.

Now with my daughter off to college, we have been busy also. Traveling and working has multiplied it seems. Who says it get easier when the leave for college? It must be some one who isn't invested in their child much. We tend to see her at least once a month, sometimes more. Well Critter and the family hasn't seen her since last Christmas. So, we decided to have a Skype visit. The Kids and family enjoyed talking with her and seeing her. It was so funny because Critter had never skyped before and just couldn't figure out how to handle it. He always would run a hug her. He tried to do that by getting close to the camera. We had to tell him to back off so she could see him. I think that was the highlight of their visit. Maybe they will try to skype her more. Isn't technology Great!

We had a cookout and I made ice cream for Banana splits. Also made Mrs Peeples Baked beans. I will have to post that recipe on my Cookbook Blog. It really takes me back to Hubbies Family cook outs days.

Was able to catch up on all the going and comings of the families. We do talk on the phone, but talking in person is much better. The weather was much better, not as hot as it has been. That made it easier to sit outside and chat. Hubby bought me a Blue tooth speaker. That made it easier to listen to my Pandora music choice. Really love that steaming music choice. I listen to it all the time. Mostly from my Nook by Blue tooth now a days. Even though I do listen to it through the TV and Blue Ray player.  With my New Nook it is easier to move around and the house and yard. Back to our chatting, a lot of changes in the family seems to be taking place. With the kids involved to sports and her business she is staying busy. Stating she is now what they call a Soccer Mom. Being in the car picking up and dropping off. Seeing the other Moms on the go as she passes them, waving hi. With only one child I never experienced that. It seems to be very time consuming. She feels a need for a bigger house, however stated that she is not there that much to make a difference. Yeah I guess it works as a lay your head down place. Like a hotel, only sleep there. Sounds funny but, isn't that the way it goes when our lifes as so busy.

Winded up the night siting outside talking. The night air was nice. Had a fan moving the air. Overall it was enjoyable time. Need to do it more! How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.