101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Our Stockings Hung with Care.

These are some of the stockings we cherish. Not all of them are on the mantel. However they all have sentimental value.

1. This one was made by my daughter when she was 2 years old.
Every year I bring it out a hang it on the basement door.

2. A musical one, from the Grinch who stole Christmas.
I love the song "You're a mean one Mr. Grinch".
That is what it plays, every year this one is placed on my Pantry door.
It is played each time we go into the pantry.
Oh, yes that is a snowman in side.

3. This was Hubby's first stocking for his Hanukkah bush.
That is what I call the Tree. He only wanted lights on it.
This one comes out each Chanukah and then is placed on the mantel.
It reminds us of Peace to all.


4. I made this one in 1990. The pattern can be found in the
Christmas with Southern Living 1990
Book on page 91.
Each year I put this one on the mantel.
It reminds me of childhood things and Granny.
I used the lace from my Granny's sewing things.
She passed away in 1989. As a Seamstress she had a lot things.
I always remember her when I see the stocking.

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
    Those are all very adorable stockings.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.