101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Friday, December 4, 2009

Aloha Friday -Celebrations


Welcome to Aloha Friday. Kailani over at An Island Life thinks one should take it easy and prepare for the weekend fun. So on this day we just ask an easy simply question for our visitors to answer.
My question:

Do you celebrate one of the holidays in December, tell me which one is it?

My household celebrates Chanukah and Christmas. We really love Chanukah, all the food, games and dancing. Hubby ancestries are Russian Jews, His Grandfather and Grandmother came to America via Ellis Island during the oppression of the Jews. When we got married I fell in love with Chanukah and have celebrated it ever since. I love the way is teaches us not to forget what the Lord God has done for us. We keep all the traditions of it.

12 comments:

  1. We celebrate Chanukah here. In fact next Saturday we are having a party with extended family at my parents house. Light the menorah together and eat yummy food like latkes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We celebrate everything too. It's nice that you have embraced hubby's ancestry :)

    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/12/are-you-angry.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to have many traditions to celebrate.

    Flash 55 - Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. We celebrate Christmas...I wish we celebrated more of them but alas we dont. Have a great Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to honor my Jewish ancestry and celebrate Chanukah along with Christmas, but right now it's too much for me. When the kids are older I would love to teach them about all of the holidays and cultures by doing our own little celebration of each one.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I grew up celebrating Christmas, so this is what we do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas but we are open for anything celebratory. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. We celebrate Christmas here in Virginia at our house! Years ago when we lived D.C., our little cul-de-sac had a big variety of military families and civilian families. One of the families each year invited all of us to their home for some of their Jewish holiday - it was so much fun to learn about them and help them celebrate too!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.