101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday News..A Couple Busy Weekends.

Well I should say that my household has been on the move!! For the 4th of July weekend it was off to Chesapeake, Virginia. We left on Saturday. The drive was long and we even went the back route. It seems with the new GPS map system, folks have forgotten about the back routes. I learned how to read a map in the 1970's. thank god I did! This is one thing I should teach my daughter,now that she is learning to drive. After standing in traffic for about 30 minutes, we pulled out the atlas and found a different way. Oh yes I had to turn off the GPS, our guide kept trying to turn us around. She would be constantly saying... turn right, turn left turn right..., turning us around. We just would say, do not pay attention to that Lady in the box,hehehe. I turned it to map mode to stoop the talking directions.

We stopped at Shoneys in Tappahannock to eat. My phone rang and it showed my Granny was calling. You remember her, 93 years old still living. Yes She has a Cell phone. It was however my Grandpa, he is in his late 80's, he wanted to know where we were. He wanted us to help repair his computer when we arrived. Now those are some mod grandparent! That's must be how you stay young forever!

The weekend was a very busy one. Once we arrived, we took dad out to dinner at Texas Road House. Then off to see a movie. we saw "Mr Poppers Penguins". I really enjoyed that show. I wonder how they got those many penguins to act like that. that is one DVD we will have to get.

On Sunday we went to the Water park. there we hooked up with Critter and the family. What a fun day! Critter now 7, kept me hopping. We played in the wave pool, and walked to the Huba Huba Highway. The latter is a moving current river.

Critter loved that one. after a long day there. We headed be to Dads.

Monday the 4 of July we went to Williamsburg to enjoy a great dinner and shop to old town. Later we met up with Critters family and waited to watch the fireworks. However it was rain out. A big thunder storm came through. We all sat in the van and talked. we did have a great time even with out fireworks.
So I will post one from our Pennsylvania trip.


Last weekend we worked out in the yard. Swam in the pool and just hung out. the weather here has been rainy and hot. Our pool has been filled by Mother Nature. We have some white frogs that live up by the pool. Yesterday we saw where they are living. Very interesting Frogs.
My theory is that they are being bleached my the pool chemicals. However my daughter did some research and found out they are indigenous to the area.




We also watched a 3D movie on our New TV. It was called "Yogi Bear" . I remember as a child watching yogi and boo-boo on the TV. Loved that show. The movie was great and we loved the 3D view.



So how was your weekend?

Be sure to visit Writer Cramps to see more Monday's Miss Marple. You never know when you need that Alibi!
I add this post to Blue Monday this week, you can see more Blue Photos at Smiling Sally Smiling Sally is in the hospital recovering from surgery. I wish her well and pray she return soon to her blogging and home. Her granddaughter are posting Blue Mondays for her and keeping us updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.