101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Favorite Song Weekend.


When I was younger I would visit Granny. There was a girl across the street that had a phonograph player. One song we played was "Build Me Up Buttercup" by the foundations on a 45 record and bellowed out the words. I loved picking buttercup flowers also. Granny had plenty of them. So many memories with this song. It just drives my family crazy when I listen to it..really... I Bellow out the song and regress a lot.


7 comments:

  1. is a nice song with a good singer my friends....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard that song in years, not even on my oldies station I listen to. My mind is already humming the song, I certainly hope it doesn't stick in there too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great song with such a catchy melody. I'll probably have it in my head all day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to be singing that all day now!!! HA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that song! We used to pick buttercups a lot also. I think the myth was that if you held it under your chin and it reflected yellow onto your chin, then you liked butter. Or something like that anyways :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SO HOPE I'm not singing this all day, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh. My daughter and I love that song. At her Bat Mitzvah, we had the DJ play it so we could dance. It's always been a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.