101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Saturday, March 12, 2011

FlashBack Music Weekend- Mama and Papas

Listening to the flashback Weekend On the Radio now. I awoke to the Mamas and Papas. I remember hearing them as I was growing up. The song "California Dreamin" is a very familiar one. It was their second song and the most popular one in my opinion. This group was a short lived one. Started in 1965 and last only 3 years. Personal problem in the group lead to their break up. They return for a musical reunion in 1971. The group won one Grammy in 1967 for the song"Monday Monday". Later in 2001 this song "California Dreamin" was given the "Grammy Hall of Frame Award". With Winter leaving us and I thought I would reminisce a little, How did we make at through the Winter Months.....

"California Dreamin" of course



The group: photo courtesy of Wikipedia
Follow link for more info on the group.
From left to right, top to bottom:
Denny Doherty, John and Michelle Phillips, and Cass Elliot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.