101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Saturday, August 14, 2010

My Favorite Song Weekend- Family recalls

Hubby remembers his mom singing this song to him. I sang it to my niece, hubby and daughter. It was a big hit in the theaters in it's time. Came from the Broadway show "Guys and Dolls". A classic even in today's time. I remember watching it in the theaters, at the movies and at School performance. Even preformed in it at my high school. We had a record that I played at home in the 60's, over and over again.
It opening November the 4th 1950 on Broadway. Won 5 Tony awards the following year. Guys and Dolls is still running in the theaters throughout the land. I think this song is the one most sung in the homes to our children. I am always humming it in my mind.
I love Doris Day, So I thought of using her voice for the song. You see many folks sang it even the Veggie Tales sang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.