101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA

101 Auntie E Street, Bloggersville, USA
Welcome, Back door is open, come in a sit Aspell..Let's talk...

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Venice Italy & The Venetian in Vegas

We went to Las Vegas this summer. In planning the trip Hubby was trying to find a place to stay. Knowing that I loved Venice he found the Venetian. I was so excited about staying there. The first photos were of the inside area of the Venetian.






We did take a gondola ride.

Here are some photos of the real Venice in Italy. We went there twice while living in Europe. I really loved it. These photo where taken in 1984.

This was our first Gondola ride

This is Piazza San Marco.
Known in English as
Saint Marks Square.

I just love this Photo!
The little old lady( in the green sweater)seems so mad, but in an Italian Mom Way.
I can just hear her" Come on take the picture already"
Yes that's me in the pink! Love the hair?

The Canals of Venice Italy

Here I thought I would show you how big the island of Venice really is. These were taken in the boat(water taxi) on the way to the island. There are no cars on the Island of Venice.
You can enlarge the photos by Clicking on them




The last photo in WW, is of the fountains display looking out from the Bellagio.
I liked that shot because it show the Eiffel Tower of the Paris Hotel. Oh yes we went to Paris also. That's for another day.

10 comments:

  1. Nice! I thought this would be a post all about Vegas, but what a nice surprise with the old pics! And yes, that green sweater lady looks a bit upset, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It hasn't changed, exept the prices, lol I was there in end June if you want to have a look it's here :

    http://gattinatravels.blogspot.com/2009/07/venice-with-my-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful old pictures of Venice! I love traveling(if only I could do more of it) and I love seeing things I have never seen before. It's so very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how beautiful!! I'm sure the Vegas Italy can't compare to the real thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool shots. That must have been something to visit Venice in the 80's. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous. I'd love to go to Italy.

    Sorry I've been a little inconsistent in my dropping lately. Been a lot going on here. Leaving tomorrow for the weekend. No computer. What will I do? Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures! It certainly shows that you guys were having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely photos. I like getting to see inside someone's travels.

    Seems you had a wonderful time. I would love to go there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've wanted to visit Venice since the first time I saw photos of it as a child!!!!

    And Paris too? How lucky you are to have been all these places!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember this is a family friendly blog when leaving your comment. Thank you for commenting. Leave your link and I will visit you. Have I great day.
. All unrelated comments will be marked as spam.